Saturday 4 December 2010

Matched!

I can't believe it, I can't believe I hit the jackpot!

Introducing my new couple - K and B, married and from about the same distance as my last couple away. I really warmed to them from the moment their initial e-mail dropped into my inbox. It was original and honest and I could feel their warmth from the start.

I have, no lie, had an e-mail this week from an IP which read simply 'you have baby?' So to find an introduction that sticks out and for the right reasons, is pretty rare I tell you.

We met today for lunch, following on from tons of e-mails between one another and it was great, well all apart from K almost having to do the Heimlich Manuveur on a fellow diner. No-one can ever say our first meeting wasn't memorable for a few reasons!

There was a really funny moment where we met in the car park and I was handed a box of free range chicken eggs from their own chickens, it was like a 'we'll give you our eggs, you give us yours!' moment. Really helped break the ice. And they brought me two really cute flowering plants too, they know how to impress!

3 hours later and we had to dash off but not before agreeing that we wanted to match. Both had grins from ear to ear and I wasn't far behind!

So excited to get this party started, just the small matter of some necessary tests for all of us and the necessary contracts and we're off. Hoping that 2011 will be the start (and end!) of something very special for everyone.

No comments: