Saturday 9 November 2013

It's A Wrap!

Oliver is officially handed over to his parents - in the legal sense, as of yesterday.
I'm pleased it was wrapped up and have to say that I am glad it's all finally over and, no tears about it. Congrats to the guys on officially erasing me on paper and making their son legally theirs!
My feeling of relief it's over with was validated when I received a short sharp message, which ended 'many thanks' from K, confirming the PO had been granted. I mean really, is that all I deserved? You thank someone who serves you coffee that way, you thank a neighbour who takes a parcel in that way however, you should not thank someone who gave the best part of almost 3 years making you a baby that you probably would never of had if it weren't for them, and whom endured more bullshit and drama that anyone ever should, that way.
I don't want adulation, if you know anything about me then you'll know over-the-top shows of appreciation and affection, and outpouring of emotions embarrasses me but, that email was cold, calculated and cruel. That was the best they could come up with? I'm not sure why I'm surprised.
I hope one day Oliver understands what's happened, the true version, the one where I'm given the respect I so rightly deserve. Sad that it ended this way really, especially when in my last post I said how we seemed to be getting on better and perhaps we could remain civil and keep in contact in some way from that point forwards.
So I suppose that wraps this blog up - a long hard slog comes to an end, not the end I'd hoped and, I don't believe we'll stay in contact but, I hope my heart heals with time. Anyway, thank you everyone for continuing to follow my first-time journey, and for all the support I've received over the years - it's been my pleasure (and therapy) to share with you all!
Please keep up with my new blog, which can be found here: http://czechmatesurrogacy.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments: