Wednesday 21 April 2010

I'm Not Broken!

I eventually *did* get my positive OPK result, much later than I had imagined it'd happen which stressed me out quite a bit. And then it went negative, to become positive again the next day! Very weird, my cycles are spot on and I always ovulate 10 days before my period is due but this cycle is set to be a longer one than usual which puts our first lot of insems out as a knock-on effect.

I felt pretty worried by these events, almost like my IPs would be annoyed with me maybe for throwing a spanner in the works but then I told myself to be rational and these things happen and that if I stress, that itself can delay things so the best thing I can do is just chill out. My IM is as lovely as always, reassuring me that they are cool and understand the situation.

Health checks are back, all fine as I knew they would be. Life Insurance is all sorted and the contracts are about to be signed so we're all systems go now!

I feel a weird sense of peace lately which given the fact I was worked up, worried, nervous and apprehensive for most of the journey up untl now, is strange but very welcome. I am just ready to begin and see where we end up.

Just waiting on my period now and I'll then begin testing from around cycle day 10 onwards. Once I get the positive OPK, I'll put the call into my IPs who will make a mad dash this way and we'll really get this party started!

No comments: