Friday 10 June 2011

A Different Way Of Charting





I've popped the chart from this cycle up for you to see - the dotted line after the cross hairs on the second chart was because I discarded those 2 temps since they were so far off the scale, it was throwing the visual of the chart off. They were indeed part of the thermal shift that signalled ovulation had occurred (confirmed with a blood test) though, but were obviously excessively higher because I had that nasty stomach bug.

So, I mentioned at the start of last cycle that I was trying temping a different way and would tell all later.

Well, basically I tried temping vaginally. I know, ick and eww and all the other reactions that people (including myself) have when they hear about it but actually, since most people who are ttc check their cervix at least once a day, why?! I mean, it's not my favourite pastime or anything but if it helps me to understand my cycle and body a bit more then that's got to be worth the gross factor I say. Or perhaps I'm just strange...

Anyway, the reason I did it was because my oral temperature charts seemed quite wild to me and my temps appeared lower than normal. I was pretty sure having had the worst case cause for that checked out - thyroid troubles, and been given the all clear that it was probably just the other (more common) cause, because I always sleep with my mouth open.

So this cycle I did it the vaginal way and believe it or not, although my temp figures were far more normal in value, the overal pattern was far more wild in variation which was a surprise.

I'm unsure whether I will a) continue to chart this rest cycle or b) which method I'll use since neither stood out as far better to use.

No comments: