Wednesday 1 June 2011

MIA

But don't worry, I am still very much alive and didn't drown in a marine accident as I had feared.

It does seem like ages ago I last wrote here though but in my defence, I've been kept busy this past week for a few reasons.

So, insems are over for another cycle and as usual, they were well timed - we are like a well oiled machine now, the 3 of us. The things we decided upon earlier in the cycle, happened, so we just used Instead Cups, no Pre-Seed for all but 1 insem and just the one insem per day.

Things didn't quite go according to plan in other areas though, ovulation was a bit earlier than we were expecting - only by a day, we all got sick over the crucial time and probably because of that, my mucus and cp didn't follow their usual pattern which threw me a bit.

4 out of 5 of my household got the bug and poor K too. B felt off but seems to of escaped actually being ill. It was pretty miserable all round but we soldiered on and managed to cover all bases so go us! My BBT went a bit crazy and shot right up, higher than it's ever gone before and we are unsure whether it was purely as a result of ovulation or whether it was because I was sick. Probably a combination. Either way, it tied in with everything else so we're sticking with it being ovulation - as I said to K, the actual numbers aren't important, more that there was a sustained thermal shift.

We had a nice time on the boat, I surprised myself with how quickly I got over my fear of being on water. I still wasn't entirely relaxed but it didn't end up being as bad as I was expecting. Well, apart from walking the wobbly floating pontoon/walkway where B managed to leap on it behind me (on more than one occasion - I should of learnt!), and make me shriek!

Now we are in the 2ww once again and perhaps for the final time for a while since we've decided that we will be taking a break from actively ttc. This is for a few reasons, on both sides and nothing for anyone to be suspicious about - for the nosey/cynical people reading this.

It's more a breather than a break, to achieve some goals, seek out some answers and to get our own proverbial ducks in a row. It's been an intense 6 cycles to say the least and I don't think any of us expected what has happened or how our relationship has evolved and suchlike and so a break is exactly what we all need at this point. How long the break will be for has yet to be decided at this stage.

We are going to still seek out the private consultation in the meantime, so that we are better armed to continue, knowing we're going in the right direction and we plan to meet up next month to stay in touch and enjoy each others company.

I'm not sure whether I will continue to chart my BBT or use OPKs during our break, although it is still useful information to have regardless of whether we're actively ttc or not. I've not really given thought to it at this point since we are still not done with this cycle so perhaps (hopefully!) there will be no need to even answer those questions!

I've got my progesterone blood test on Friday and so am hoping that shows a decent ovulation this cycle and if so, we will continue to just wait the rest of the 2ww out and be optimistic but realistic. If it doesn't, well then that will give us a few more questions to ask the fertility Dr.

So, that's pretty much all I've got for you at this point in the way of any update!

2 comments:

So many books, so little time said...

I need a translation for all the abbreviations lol. Sorry you guys all got sick, how awful.

Good luck for this cycle x

JJ said...

LOL!

Perhaps I will do a post with the abbrevs later tonight.

Thanks for your good thoughts, hun.

x