Friday 27 April 2012

Blood Results Are In

My hCG on Wednesday was 144 and 2 days later it's now 424 so it has more than doubled and that indicates a healthy, progressing pregnancy. Phew! My progesterone is an impressive 100 and the midwife told me that they like it to be over 20 at this point in a healthy pregnancy. My blood tests almost (but not completely) rule out scary reasons for my pain - such as ectopic, so that's great and definitely reassuring.

The clinic have booked me in for an early scan when nearly 7 weeks, hopefully we will see all the necessary parts, such as the heartbeat, so we can relax a little more.

I'm already detached from the pregnancy which is weird but I'm pleased about it, I'm in surrogacy mode and it feels natural to be in this mind frame and almost like the time I've waited to get to this stage has given me the necessary space to explore my feelings already and be OK with them. Of course I'm ecstatic that I'm pregnant but it's a different kind of happiness than with my own children, hard to explain but it makes me feel peaceful and content.

Physically I'm feeling OK, which is to be expected at such an early stage because I'm only 4 weeks and 2 days but I'm exhausted all the time and the nausea suddenly strikes out of nowhere, I also have little appetite which is not something I'm complaining about! I am sure that things won't always be so calm on the symptom front but I'll deal with it as it happens.

It is really strange to be in this situation, I have times where it just catches me like a thunderbolt, that I am pregnant, really really pregnant!

No comments: