Tuesday 21 August 2012

Big Scan Tomorrow!

And of course I'm nervous, it just feels like at every scan we've had something crop up and so I am hoping this one is different and it all goes smoothly.

I'm feeling pretty good overall, 21 weeks now! I've had some instances of horrendous morning sickness and had to rely on my tablets to get me through the day but at least it's not every day unlike before. I'm feeling tired but that's not particularly changed so I'm used to getting on with it and my tummy is definitely expanding - this is the view when I look down...



I go from feeling huge sometimes and then the next day, my tummy seems almost flat and I think it's crazy how I'm 5 months pregnant - he has obviously found a flattering hide-out in there to use sometimes!

Still not feeling definite movements, I do feel flutters sometimes but it's not consistent. Having the trusty doppler means I'm not panicked but I had expected to be feeling more by this stage, perhaps it's just to do with where my placenta is lying - which we will find out tomorrow.

Only B can make the scan tomorrow, obviously sad that K won't be there too but he has to work and I know it wasn't an easy decision but he'll get the full run down as soon as we're finished up with the scan.

So, looking forward to another milestone, after that will be the routine hospital antenatal appointment at the beginning of September - shortly after the kids go back to school! It's been a lonnnng summer.

No comments: