Friday 8 March 2013

83 Down, Just 1 To Go!

(For some reason this post got re-saved and dated 8th March but was actually from the middle of Feb)

Hurrah, the day has finally come - the final injection! Yaaaaaay, I will not be sad to never see one of these again. It's got progressively harder to find a spot that wasn't tender, to avoid pain and even harder to control my anxiety every time 9am or 9pm rolled around. Still, they kept me healthy and so for that, I forgive them!

What's happened here since my last post? Hmm. Not much really! Some small time drama on a group I was part of, which led to me being deleted - and K too. Meh. I'm over it and we have now started our own facebook surrogacy group. I just figured that K and I have more than enough experience of almost every aspect of traditional surrogacy that we can offer something to others perhaps and at least I can be myself on this board. If you fancy being a part of it and being a member where a difference of opinion and a good debate is welcome then feel free to join us. If you're reading this as a member of another board, rest assured that there is no secrecy or drama, you're as welcome to join as anyone else so please do, just ask!

I've been up and down to Scotland a lot, being with my mum and gran. I'm pleased to say that both are now home and slowly but surely getting back into the little routine they had going pre-accident and my mum's hip is getting better with time.

Gorgeous baby Oliver is thriving and as cute as a button, he is so squishable. I keep telling K and B how much I want to smoosh his little cheeks and give him a big kiss, he looks absolutely adorable. The boys are still adjusting to life without sleep and little routine but are as happy as anything and it melts my heart what a lovely little family they are. Oh and he still looks nothing like me!

As for another match, well there has been a discussion between K, B and I about a sibling project but nothing has been agreed. In the meantime, I did talk to some other potential matches and had K and B's blessing to do so - which although to some wasn't necessary, felt the right thing to do for me. Some were promising and some fizzled out at an early stage. Also, there are other possible obstacles that may prevent anything happening at all - a sibling project included but I'm not ready to reveal yet because I don't want to have to backtrack if things don't move in that direction after all.

I have my 6 week post-baby check up with the GP next week. Not expecting anything exciting to come from it, hoping my bp has remained stable and that everything is as it should be. I have a telephone consultation next this week regarding the blood tests I had taken, that I mentioned in my last post. I was told it was non-urgent but that the doctor wanted to speak with me, I'm pretty sure it'll be iron related - as it normally is so I'm not concerned.

Still waiting for the arrival of AF, I constantly feel like she will be here but nothing as yet. I can't recall if they returned earlier or later than this with my own 3 and really, it doesn't matter but I would just like to get that part back on track too and have it out the way - well until next month anyway.

Hoping for life to return to some sense of calm and normality after a crazy few months, unfortunately with 2 out of 3 children off school sick currently, I will have to wait just a little while longer!

1 comment:

~J~ said...

Yay for your last shot!
Don't worry about the group. There will always be those with different opinions, especially in surrogacy.