Friday 15 October 2010

6 & We're Out

Cycle 1: Length: 27 and LP: 11
Cycle 2: Length: 33 and LP: 10 (ill so late ovulation)
Cycle 3: Length: 26 and LP: 10
Cycle 4: Length: 26 and LP: 00 (annovulatory)
Cycle 5: Length: 27 and LP: 11
Cycle 6: Length: 28 and LP: 12

Yup, she arrived. *sigh*

I try and not wallow in self-pity because well, we have only been trying for 6 cycles and because however I'm feeling, really I have 3 beautiful children at the end of the day and my disappointment at AF's arrival is nowhere near what it must be for my IPs but fucking hell, I'm sad when she arrives.

Yet again, my body fooled me into thinking that we'd actually hit the jackpot. I swear if you know me IRL, you'll know I'm not prone to being sucked in and convincing myself of phantom symptoms, I was ttc myself for long enough to know all the tricks AF has in her books.

Finding this 6th cycle very difficult to swallow. I guess IPs and I now have to have that talk, about where we go from here. Although we had an annovulatory cycle, it's still been 6 months which is what was in our contract.

Anyway, that's where we are right now.

The silver lining to this dark hormonal cloud is that my LP lengthened. Well I had some pink bleeding very late last night but I don't count that as Day 1 as the full red stuff didn't begin until around 5am this morning.

I had heard good stuff about Vitamin B6 for correcting a short luteal phase and so I was taking just the standard top-up amount of it during this 2ww.

Apparently you're meant to take at least 50mg (I have 10mg) to see any effect but it seems that even a lowly 10 is doing something to my body which can only be a positive thing! Hurrah, it's not all doom and gloom. :o)

No comments: