Saturday 16 June 2012

Safe & Sound

I didn't die in an aviation fireball and made it safely back from Scotland, wish I could say we had a productive trip but actually it felt pretty pointless and I'm left unsure what to do. I want to move for a variety of good reasons but I'm also a creature of habit and just don't know if we're doing the right thing. Also, being pregnant has thrown up issues such as distance from the nearest main hospital and that's adding to my list of concerns.

Anyway, baby wise, I'm feeling fine. I did have some nausea on and off whilst we were away but I think some of that was travel sickness rather than morning sickness! Not feeling as tired any more either, my worst symptoms at this point are round ligament pain and really sore boobs still - I'll take those!

I'm at that weird stage of pregnancy where you don't have the extreme symptoms you have in the first few weeks that remind you almost hourly that you're pregnant and so I almost forget for the most part that I have a baby in there.

We have our dating/nuchal scan next Wednesday so fingers tightly crossed that that goes smoothly and then we're in the 2nd trimester! Woohoo, we will of made it and not entirely unscathed but we will be very happy nonetheless.

I did have some blood test results come back last week, one has flagged up that I'm a possible beta thalessemia carrier but there's a huge question mark over that because I know I was tested in previous pregnancies and the test was negative - since it is genetic, that wouldn't be the case if this result was accurate. It's really only going to be an issue if one of the guys is also a carrier so I go for a retest next Friday and we'll take it from there. Never without drama, us!

Nothing else to report, just ticking off the weeks and hoping we can breathe a sigh of relief next week, I'll be back to update after the scan.

No comments: