Saturday 13 October 2012

4D

It was fab to see Boo in all his glory yesterday! Certainly made the 4am start to London worth it and more. A bit of a dodgy journey for me, awful morning sickness and I have to be honest and say I had to stop myself getting off at various stops because I was positive I was going to be sick all over the man who was unlucky enough to be sat opposite me. I bet I looked a lovely shade of green, I'm so over this part of pregnancy.

Anyway, we all made it to London in time and headed to the famous Harley Street for our date seeing Boo on the big screen, K & B were like my bodyguards as we braved the rush hour underground, very sweet.

He looks so cute, even if I do say so myself - great cheekbones, button nose and a big cuddly tummy. I think Daddies are even more in love than they were before, if that's even possible.

Boo is currently breech (not another repeat of my 3rd pregnancy, please!), with a head measuring right on target, legs caught up to normal from our 21 week scan and a large tummy. It's currently measuring at 32 weeks, which is almost 4 weeks ahead of what I currently am. Estimated weight? 3lb 4ozs! We were all shocked about that because he should weigh around 2-2.5lbs at this point but from experience, I know that weight guestimates are pretty inaccurate. Still...I'm a bit apprehensive but will get clarification and some reassurance from my own midwife next week.

The lady doing the scan was really sweet and funny, she had an accent and kept saying things that were cracking us all up - things like 'oooh, big baby, big baby!' Boo was sucking on the umbilical cord, I think he was checking if the input system was broken since I hadn't had any breakfast still at that point! He was snuggled up against my placenta which made getting excellent pictures a bit difficult but we were all thrilled with just being able to see so much detail and the photos were secondary. She checked the gender, all boy still and she switched to 2d so we could see the spine etc. The boys came away with a DVD of the scan and some 4d pictures and an unforgettable experience.

I shouldn't be surprised that Boo was a good weight, I can feel every oz of him lately! I asked K & B if they wanted to have a feel of my bump - I think that's pretty much the first time they have and it was something that I had wanted to bring up but didn't want them to feel uncomfortable or awkward, as it turns out, they wanted to also but didn't want to invade my personal space. K has told me he's up for a good squeeze any time! It's important to me that they feel able to do these things, it's a lovely part of the pregnancy and they shouldn't miss out on a thing just because of our situation.

Hopefully I will have a picture to share in a while and will post it when I do but I wanted to post as soon as I had caught up on some much needed sleep, whilst it was still fresh in my mind.

No comments: