Thursday 13 December 2012

And Now Relax....

I had a routine community midwife appt today, it was booked last week and my midwife likes to keep in touch, especially given our situation so I didn't cancel despite knowing she would be repeating what I had done yesterday.

Great news - BP today is perfectly fine, urine is clear today and the lab result was clear from yesterday, measuring fine, baby is still head-down she said, heartbeat fine and iron is low but I'm to stick with the liquid iron as it's not dropping as rapidly as before. The bloods from clinic yesterday were back and some flagged as abnormal but she said, in her opinon, they were still OK but given that the senior doctor we saw wrote on my notes that he wanted to review me in a week - dependent on the results, she said I should call the hospital and see what they make of the results.

Nothing else to report, I was glad to hear about the BP especially because that was concerning me. I think I was just dealing with the painful night I'd had, hadn't eaten, had rushed to my appt, was dreading fighting with the doctor about the section and also my oldest had to be collected from school due to illness - no wonder my BP was raised!

Talking of sickness, my poor middle child was home from school today. I am hoping to avoid their bugs because the last thing I want it to feel anything less than 100% for the big event but I'm realistic that it is winter after all. Hoping to get the tree up before the end of the weekend, give the house a complete clean and finish up buying presents and wrapping everything - that way at least if anything does happen, I'm not fretting about any of that stuff. Oh and I suppose I'd best pack my hospital bag - nothing like leaving it until the last minute!


No comments: