Friday 28 December 2012

Nothing Stirring

Still pregnant and waiting impatiently. As are K & B, they had a very quiet Christmas awaiting any developments and K's already gone back to work, with B following on the 2nd if I'm still with child.

I saw my midwife this week who said Boo is 3/5 engaged, head down and everything is fine so it's just a matter of waiting until things kick off. She doesn't think he'll be as big as the hospital growth scan said (8lbs) but close to 7lbs she reckons. I told her that we scoff at weight guestimations but I don't feel as big with this baby as I did with my own 3 so perhaps she's not all that wrong.

I'm bored with waiting now, I'm still the world's most impatient person and this is not a good mixture, I'm very crabby and just want the birth part over with now. I'm also a big wuss and don't do very well with the unpredictable or the unknown - all of which are what labour and delivery are about.

I have an appointment with the hospital next week, on my EDD just to talk about how things are going and do the usual routine checks. My hospital doesn't induce until you're 12 days over so a long way to go yet if this baby doesn't get his eviction on any time soon. I was a bit irritated when I got a phone call from them yesterday, expecting me for my section. No-one had bothered to cancel the appointment once we knew he was head down some 3 weeks ago! I did wonder if it was ethical to offer a bribe to have it performed anyway, LOL, I was sorely tempted to give it a go.

Expecting my midwife to offer a stretch and sweep (strip membranes, to the non-UK readers), at 41 weeks, which is about as pleasant as it sounds but I'm sure by that point, if I'm still not unpregnified will sound very appealing. With my own I was 2 weeks early, 6 days late and then 10 days late so this could go either way I guess, it wouldn't be so bad if I went over because the kids might be back at school and that would be good for childcare on the plus side.

It's all just a bit of a drag right now. I'm so ready, K and B are very very ready so let's go, little man!

1 comment:

~J~ said...

I hadn't seen any post from you in a few days. Was hoping you were in recovery mode. :) Not too much longer.