Saturday 14 August 2010

Gushing

We had a wonderful day together, IPs and I. They are on holiday as I've said and plans to eat out were thrown into disarray last night when my middle child decided to throw up and I wasn't sure if she'd be well enough to travel or if we would even be able to leave her to meet up. Luckily it was a very short one off thing.

My IPs invited us to their holiday accommodation which was very sweet and even more so considering their 2 cats were with them and I was worried my noisy children would scare the poor creatures.

Whilst my hubby, IF and the children took a look around the holiday site, a working flour mill nonetheless, IM and I sat and over coffee, talked quite a bit. Usually we only have time for superficial chat between insems and with me having to rush back to my life but today we took the time to talk a bit deeper, especially about surrogacy stuff. I was able to ask some questions that had been on my mind and I think IM had the chance to do the same and gain more reassurance about our journey. It was just, well, lovely.

We went out for dinner and my children love them like they've been part of our family for a lot longer than they have.

We returned to the cottage for a final coffee, where IM sat cross legged on the floor playing various games with my children. The same children who have the attention span of, well, a 4 and 6 year old (the baby was with Nanny at home for this visit), were enthralled whilst IM taught them how to play dominoes properly and Snap and then finished it off with playing with some Fuzzy Felt (if you're a child of the 80's, you'll know what that is!) It just made me even more determined to make my IPs dream come true. These people were destined to be parents.

Finished off our visit with my hubby and IF getting really deep into discussion where I felt boundaries, on both sides, were broken a little and both moved onto another level of comfort with each other, which was really great to see. It can be tough on the men involved in surrogacy, it's not just the hormonal women who can struggle with the situation.

We left with big smiles and lots of big hugs, still no sign of ovulation but feeling confident that it will be within the next week which means another visit with these wonderful people. I can't wait! I needed today.

No comments: