Friday 3 February 2012

Excited!

I've finally taken the plunge and made the appointment to get my tubes checked out. This is the final thing that could be causing issues and I've decided that it's about time I found out for sure.

If this comes back clear, and I'm very confident that it will, then there is 100% officially nothing wrong with me and there is no reason that I won't be a successful surrogate if I stick at it.

Obviously a little nervous, it's hardly something that any woman looks forward to but I'm excited at the same time because at least I will have answers to some niggles that have there since my last match ended unsuccessfully.

I'm having an HSG, for those of you not familiar with the test for tubal patency - as the medical professionals call it, you can read about it here:

http://infertility.about.com/od/infertilitytesting/a/hsg.htm

And in other exciting news, I will also be using a Duofertility monitor this time around too!

Some of you may remember that I mentioned this back last year but it was cost prohibitive (at nearly £500) but they now offer different payment schemes which make it more affordable. This one however was found on eBay for a fraction of the cost. It means that I won't get access to their team of 'scientists' for fertility advice or personal chart interpretation but I don't require that - I don't think there is much that I don't know after all my years of ttc!

I'm apprehensive but that's about using it and inputting the necessary data correctly, I'm super excited about actually seeing how it works for us and the fact that it means I don't have to wake at 5am to take my temperature.

Read about it here:

www.duofertility.com

So, it's all coming together!

No comments: