Thursday 13 January 2011

Calm





Insems last night went really well, it was so great to see K & B once again. Big hugs all round. My OPK was negative around 6pm last night but I was unsure whether I really had/was ovulating as my signs didn't correlate with that - mucus wasn't as it usually is at that point and my cervix was low also.

Just as I said (said in a smug 'told you so!' type voice), I took an OPK this morning and lo and behold, I was greeted with a :) face! I just knew that that would probably be the case. Even better was to find that my fertile signs agreed and even the IC OPK was a dark + this morning, as opposed to just a positive yesterday morning. Timing couldn't of been better. I'm still surging as of now, had another smiley on the digi just now. I think I probably caught the surge as it began this morning and it's the tail end now and tomorrow it will be negative.

Means we've managed the day before the surge, the day of the surge and we'll be covering tomorrow too.

It went smoothly, as we all thought it would. The first time is always the most nerve wracking in some ways as you just don't know until you're in the thick of it, how things will be, but we were pretty confident in what we were all doing.

We managed an insem around midnight yesterday and so it was a late night for us all. No problem though. We've decided to give Pre-Seed a try. We've both read a lot of success stories with others who've used it and thought it certainly wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

You can read up about it here :: http://www.preseed.com/

We are just using the Instead Cup, reading around has shown that's much easier and a much better way at doing home inseminations. I'm certainly not going to argue, much less mess and definitely less fiddly.

Today we met up this morning for another insem and went out for lunch. We took my youngest with us and he was very well behaved and K & B got on well with him which was lovely.

Plan for tomorrow (B's birthday of all days, what a great way to spend it!), is one final insem before they start the journey back home and that's us done, we'll be in the 2ww. None of us are worked up about anything if I'm honest, it's just been so easy going and comfortable which is just how it should be.

We keep checking each other is ok with everything and we really really are. :o)

No comments: