Tuesday 18 May 2010

Checking In

I refuse to post every day of the 2ww analysing everything and anything which will turn out to be nothing but it would be a boring time if I posted nothing!

Bless my IM, she's trying to stay so level headed and calm about it. She can't help but be focused on the wait though. I had to chuckle when she asked if, at 1 day past insem, whether I had any feelings yet (on whether I might be pregnant)?

I felt bad saying that no, I didn't and nor did I expect to. I guess it's just reminded me again of how much they want this to work. I try to gently steer her down and keep her realistic but she's so excited that I feel awful. Goodness knows how bad I'll feel if it doesn't actually work this cycle and I have to tell her. I know a lot of surrogates struggle with that aspect though and there's no kind way of doing it. We all, surrogate and IMs, have to deal with the downs that inevitably come with the surrogacy journey.

No comments: