Saturday 29 May 2010

It's Weird

New things are thrown up to consider with each step of the surrogacy journey the further you get into it which is natural considering it's a learning curve for most. You simply can't and don't think of all the what if's from the start.

I know of several IPs who have been working with a surrogate who suddenly calls a halt to their agreement. It always seems to be around the 3 insemination mark. I assume it's probably because at that point, the surrogate realises that this was never going to be a quick thing, a done deal in the first couple of months and that it can actually take a year or more to hit the pregnancy jackpot.

Just imagine how frustrating it is when you're ttc your own child and your period comes. With surrogacy, you've that extra crushing feeling of disappointment when she rains on your proverbial parade and that's tough.

Little things like seeing my IM update her Facebook to reflect that it hadn't worked this month and all her friends who were watching things with excitement for us, comfort her or taking her 2ww ticker down from the board we both post on, they all sting me a little if I'm honest. Like another helping of guilt is heaped on. Obviously it's not anyone's intention for me to feel like that but that's how it feels none the less.

Honestly, I don't feel as down as this post might appear. My IM was a sweetheart as usual about things, making me laugh when I most needed it and is as optimistic as always. We're both already gearing up for cycle 2, I'm in this until the end - whether that's short or long haul.

No comments: