Thursday 13 May 2010

Testing Begins

We're now on day 13 of my cycle, I'm using OPK's twice a day to detect ovulation. More waiting I'm afraid,

IM is still like a dog with 2 tails, pumped up and so excited. She has everything in place and is raring to go, just waiting for the call. It's great when you have someone like that as it helps to keep things light-hearted and it could be very uncomfortable and overwhelming. I guess that's why it definitely helps to have IPs that you are at ease with and that click.

I have both phone numbers programmed into my mobile and we've an agreed plan in place when the time is right. I'm still nervous to see how it will actually work, I do not want it impacting on my children. At present, they know nothing about surrogacy and nor will they until they need to and the time is right.

My husband is working a lot of shifts lately, nights at that I'm spending a lot of time home alone with the kids. I'm anxious about timing and that my IPs don't turn up when the children are up and needing me since to them, my IPs are strangers at this point in time.

I'm sure it'll all be fine and work itself out. Every surrogate says the first cycle is the worst as the lack of experience worries everyone, we should be thinking of this cycle as a test cycle basically.

It's funny how even though I, as the surrogate, am playing the biggest part in this journey and yet I'm the one who's most relaxed about it. It cracks me up when my IM tells me my cycle has taken over everyones calenders. Even her works one and the boss!

Hopefully my next post will be to say I've got a big fat positive OPK and insems are done.

No comments: