Monday 17 May 2010

Officially In The 2ww (two week wait)

We did the other insemination this morning and that's that now. The nail biting starts.

I had a nightmare morning, we had a power cut which threw the routine all out. I knew I was expected at 9:15am at the guest house and then I realised it was picture day for my daughter but had been so caught up in everything this weekend, she didn't have a clean polo with a logo on it for it so we were dashing around and I had to take everyone (husband and all) in the car for speed.

Then IM text asking if we'd said 9:15 or 9:30 so I thought I'd change it to 9:30 to give me some time to get sorted and down there but after the oldest 2 had been dropped at school, all sorted, I got a text asking if I could come now so since my husband and the baby were in the car too, they got dragged along.

It was much more relaxed for IF today, he wasn't flustered or embarassed. Well I'm sure he was embarassed but he obviously felt able to face me which was an improvement on yesterday! Him, the baby and hubby stayed outside in the car park and IM and I went to the room and the insem was done.

We stood in the car park chatting, IM was in love with the baby and we couldn't prize her away but it was lovely to see. I told IM that hopefully if I saw them next month, it would be for a different reason. Fingers crossed!

I did an OPK again last night and 2 this morning and all have been negative so as long as I don't ovulate again, in the next 14 days or so, we should know if it's worked.

I'm very chilled about it all. The hardwork is done for now and there's nothing more any of us can do. It's just a wait and see approach. I'm optimistic but realistic, I don't expect it to work but am hopeful it will.

No comments: