Thursday 15 July 2010

Good Planning Goes To Waste

Today was crazy and obviously didn't get the memo of our carefully laid out plan!

My son had his op but was late going down to theatre which inturn meant that I was late taking my afternoon OPK to give IPs the go ahead to start the drive down.

I also didn't bank on not being able to find anything to pee into to take my OPK at the hospital. Internet tests have a max dipping line so it's not like I could pee ON it and hope for the best. I ended up taking the digital ovulation test that I'd taken along, anticipating on only using it if the cheap one displayed a + to corroberate what it said, as I could safely pee on that. Those tests are not cheap so I want to use them sparingly for my IPs.

Anyway, the smiley face, (which means the surge has been detected) popped up and I went into a bit of panic. It was 6pm by now and poor IPs wouldn't feasibly be able to race down here in time, plus my son was nowhere near being discharged at that point and I didn't know when/if we'd be home to meet them.

I text IM who said not to worry, they'd come down tomorrow and maybe squeeze an insem in on Saturday - travelling home and back down for it.

So, that's where we currently are. The OPK I took now, so about 6 hours on from my + digi, was negative so my surge appears to have been and gone.

I had wicked ovulation pains all day and my mucus confirms what the tests tell me. This means the egg should pop out somewhere around 6am - 6pm tomorrow, living for 12 - 24 hours so an insem tomorrow should still give us a fighting chance and the one on Saturday will be insurance, a back up. Well, this is what the text book tells us about how ovulation works but in reality, it could be anyone's guess!

No comments: