Tuesday 22 May 2012

Feeling Good

In fact I'm starting to worry that I feel a bit too good for carrying twins but I'll take it! Honestly though, apart from fleeting nausea and still feeling tired, I feel perfectly normal - this stage of pregnancy often feels like that though so I'm trying not to worry.

Not much to report, 8 weeks tomorrow and we have our repeat scan in 9 days and our first midwife appointment in 15 days so lots to look forward to, just have to hang in there and keep ticking off each week as it comes.

I did tell our 3 children about the babies, I was in two minds but the oldest 2 had their basic sex ed yesterday at school so we were already talking about babies and our bodies so it seemed like the time was right. They were thrilled and asked lots of basic childlike questions, I answered openly and they seemed happy with the explanation and that was that. I wasn't sure how much my 4 year old took in but today, in the middle of the pharmacy he looked up at me and said 'you still got those babies in your tummy, Mummy?' Love him, love them all, they have taken the entire surrogacy thing in their stride and I'm confident that with reinforcement, there will be no issues with the outcome either.

I was also brave this past week and told some people in the online community about being pregnant, I am apprehensive because it is still early days but I feel optimistic and wanted to share with others who I know will be a source of support over the coming few months but I still don't feel like I belong, I have to keep reminding myself that I am now a successful surrogate, I am going to have a baby!

This week I also had the strange urge to take another pregnancy test. I know, I know, crazy isn't it but there you go, I can blame the hormones! Anyway, for a laugh I bought a cheap one from a cheap store here in the UK and had to chuckle when the result line came out surprisingly light considering I'm 8 weeks pregnant with twins. Just goes to show, cheap tests, although usually accurate, are no match for the well-known and more expensive brands.


1 comment:

So many books, so little time said...

Oh JJ congrats I am only just finding this out and twins! So exciting!

Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net