Monday 14 February 2011

OPK Experiment - Post Originally Begun 14th Feb



And yes, I do need to get a decent pen if I'm going to show my writing. It's not easy writing on something so small, with a dodgy biro but there you go.

I decided to do an experiment this cycle but you won't see this until either AF arrives or I get a + HPT as I'm hiding it until I know one way or another to avoid anyone giving me any advice, me getting my hopes up publically and it being wrong!

Basically, we know if you're ttc, you're always itching to pee on a test of some sort. Having a bulk lot of IC OPKs, I figured that if I'm going to pee on something, these are the perfect thing to use.

I've read a lot that a + OPK after ovulation, can be a sign of pregnancy. Of course it can also be a sign of other things - like PCOS (when you'd have a high level of LH in your system almost constantly) or ovulating later than you thought.

Anyway, to know what's normal for me, I need to know what my OPKs look like post-ovulation to then be able to see any difference in following cycles.

I do have PCOS but I also know that I do not have an elevated level of LH so that as a cause for + OPKs the entire cycle, can be eliminated. And also, at the start of my cycle, I have a clear negative OPK to back that up.

Below is a picture of my OPKs from CD19 - CD22.

Note :: I had positive OPKs, ovulation pain AND fertile mucus. Also I had an u/s scan today that showed a 'dominant follicle' and an 11mm endometrial lining - all indicative of ovulation having already occured.

Now, as you see, the tests do seem to have a 2nd line on them. It also seems to be getting a little darker - consider I'm only 7dpo, that's a good sign possibly but we all know how that works. I guess we'll know what it meant for me, if and when AF arrives.

ETA :: I had this post saved from 14th February (it's now 18th March) but have only just decided to post it after all. And we know how this cycle ended.....I guess there is some truth in the OPK as HPT thing.

I can't show you the photo with the rest of the cycle's OPKs as my computer died and I'm on a borrowed one whilst it's repaired but you get the idea!

No comments: