Monday 14 February 2011

Scan Day

What a way to spend Valentine's Day I know.

The tech was very respectful and quick which was much appreciated!

I have to wait for the official report but she said that she saw no abnormalities or anything worrying. Phew! And that my endometrial lining was 11 which is good for where I am in my cycle. She said one ovary had cysts on it, which I knew since I have PCOS but the other had a dominant follicle and nothing else - meaning no PCOS type cysts on it. Strange when back in 2002, both ovaries were covered in them.

I pushed her and asked if that meant I'd ovulated and she nodded. I'm not entirely convinced that she was sure but that could just be me being cynical!

I've been Googling and looked up scans and I did see the dominant follicle so I have a good idea what I'm looking for. I think, had she said she'd seen a corpus luteum I'd be far more convinced. I'm holding onto the fact that my lining was thick, which only comes with the production of progesterone. No ovulation = no corpus luteum = thinner lining.

So, just the blood test to confirm that tomorrow and we'll have a better, more complete picture of my cycle health and where, if anywhere, we need to go from there.

No comments: