Tuesday 1 March 2011

All Good

It's continued to be a rough week since my last post but I think slowly we're emerging the other side, thank god. So many questions, so few answers and a whole range of emotions thrown in has made for a very abrasive me and I'm sure I've not been a barrel of fun to be with lately but with good reason I think. Thankfully I'm surrounded by people who have made allowances for that and stood by my side. You know who you are. ;o)

Anyway, I've also had concerns about whether things would mess up my cycle this month and sure enough, we've been thrown some curveballs already, such as an early change in mucus and cervix, unexpected spotting and some weird + OPKs when we would least expect them. So far the digi has remained negative though so we've treated it as just a fluke thing that doesn't hold much meaning with regards to ovulation at this stage.

Hoping that end of the weekend/start of next week will signal ovulation and we can decide whether we'll be jumping back in with both feet and giving insems a go or not. It's a wait and see and then make a decision situation currently.

I spent Saturday with my wonderful IFs and we had lunch, laughed a lot and talked. It was fabulous and I know I came away from that feeling a renewed sense of positivity and it did all 3 of us the world of good.

I was due to have a repeat progesterone test this cycle but have decided, with the input of IFs, to just skip it and give all of us a rest from the added stress that that may bring. It's really not necessary this cycle in my eyes anyway as all manner of things can screw the results of the test up and after last cycle's events, I don't want to risk a false result that would only add more worry.

This week I'm focusing on the good stuff and reminding myself all the time of how very lucky I am to be where I am in my surrogacy journey and with whom too.

No comments: