Wednesday 13 April 2011

32

That is my progesterone blood test result, anything over 30 is ovulation. The receptionist said the lab had written 'definite ovulation' next to it.

For my US friends, that converts to about 10.06 I believe.

So, I'm very very happy with that! If you're releasing an egg, you're in with a chance which is more than we had last cycle at the very least.

I do admit that I was a bit deflated it wasn't higher for some reason, even though I know that the actual level has no bearing on the success of a cycle. I guess we all want a little more of something don't we.

I've read women with levels of 100+ who haven't been pregnant that cycle but also I've read women with levels of 25 (or even lower in a few forums), who have been. I know that Cycle 2, my level was that and we're almost positive that that was a pregnancy cycle.

Maybe that goes some way in explaining why I'm a bit deflated, going from ovulating on my own at a level of 25, to a relatively small jump of +7 on a medicated cycle but I'm looking at the bigger picture that that 7 can make all the difference and at least the Clomid is doing something - more than some women can say after taking it.

Also, perhaps I don't ovulate regularly on my own (we have no idea, 2 x blood tests, 2 cycles and it resulted in 1 probable/low level ovulatory result and 1 with none) and yet on Clomid, since I obviously respond , I will start to, which blatantly gives us more chances of getting that BFP at some point.

The test isn't an exact science, lots of things can alter the result such as if you don't have the blood taken after an overnight fast which is an odd one but true I promise! The result can alter hour by hour too. And I had it done a day later than the ideal, at 8dpo and not 7, due to the weekend and so 32 may not of been my peak level but 32 it is and that means I released an egg and a decent one at that. Yay!!

Now just to see the eventual outcome of Cycle 4, as I said before, my main aim this cycle was to ovulate and anything else was a bonus. That still stands, I'm 10dpo and feeling a bit well, lost to be honest. I don't know what to think, I still have very odd symptoms but as I've said before, they could be normal for a good ovulatory/medicated cycle.

Since I ovulated the same day as I tend to ovulate on a non-medicated cycle, I think that my LP will remain pretty similar too which leads me to expect AF either tomorrow or Friday, certainly not past the weekend.

I go a bit crazy, as I'm sure regular readers of this blog will already know, at this point in my cycle and just want to know one way or another. I probably find this the most stressful point. It's the feeling of just having no idea, I don't do well with not knowing or waiting - I'm the world's most impatient person to be honest but it's out of my hands and what will be, will be. Or some other crap cliche.

So, watch this space I guess.

No comments: