Friday 8 April 2011

Clomid + The 2ww

I can tell that it's going to be trying, simply by the array of symptoms I already have. Now, I knew going into a Clomid cycle that things could get a little crazy in the 2ww. I mean, firstly I've no idea when to expect AF because Clomid is used to lengthen the LP and secondly, because it makes you ovulate (hopefully!) and often multiple follicles at that, then that means an increase in progesterone - the hormone that is responsible for all those dreaded PMT symptoms, as well as the early pregnancy ones. I therefore knew that this 2ww would be a mindfuck and it's on form so far.

Already my chart is filling up with symptoms. I was loathe to actually track them to be honest since I know that I can't rely on them meaning much either way on this first Clomid cycle but these BBT charting sites advise it's best to as it helps with their interpretation of your cycles and also 'helps you spot new and promising symptoms!' Hurrah, not. Like I need any help symptom spotting, as any ttc'er will agree. But, dutifully, I'm ticking those boxes regardless.

I know K follows my chart daily and has recently lured B into peeking at it at times too, goodness knows what it looks like to the novice eye and a male one at that but us girls are used to the familiar symptoms during the long wait for AF to arrive. I'm sure that to the guys, it looks like I'm falling apart or suffering since every day I add a new symptom to the list of ones I am experiencing. Actually though, it's in the mind, rather than physically, that the real 'suffering', for want of a better word, goes on during the torture that is the 2ww.

I think I've picked up a little cold bug and am suffering with a sore throat, just in time for the 2 week Easter Holiday my children have started today. Great timing huh? I had a fabulous time catching up with K last night whilst in London but poor B couldn't make it and ended his evening feeling far worse than me, suffering with a bug of some sort too.

Despite this post, I'm actually feeling pretty upbeat about the whole cycle. I mean, the hardwork is done and it's all out of our hands and up to fate. Sure I'm a ball of nerves waiting on the blood results and on the arrival (or not) of AF but really, I'm pretty cool right now and anyway, K's instructed me to just chill and not stress and for once, I'm doing, or at least trying to, what I'm told. Enjoy it whilst it lasts, Mr W. ;o)

No comments: