Sunday 10 April 2011

Spotting

I seem to be experiencing it. Ugh.

I wasn't sure where the blood was actually originating from as I have an infection going on right now too. I realised from checking my cervix last night though, that it's definitely spotting in the true sense of the word. It's not much, very light pink/peach coloured. This morning, it seems to of stopped but I've not investigated too much since it's only 8:30am and really, I'm not sure I want to know if it's still there or even worse, heavier.

Naturally I Googled and there were a fair few posts about Clomid and spotting. Most were either pre-ovulation or during the time of but there were also those from women who had post-ovulation. Some were pregnant but some weren't so it wasn't particularly useful.

I have never had spotting in my life so this is definitely an odd turn of events. Now, I know some of you will be screaming 'implantation!' but for the preservation of my sanity, I'm sticking with it being a Clomid side effect. It's just too much of a coincidence to be on the first cycle of it and have something so out of the ordinary happen and the two not be connected.

I'm cramping a fair bit this morning and have done since I woke up. Could be a good sign, could be bad. I also have not had cramping this early on in my LP. Another lovely Clomid side-effect I wonder.

My BBT is still holding steady with regards to temps which is encouraging. 2 nights ago, I had a very sleepless night and kept taking my temp every time I woke just incase I a) didn't go back to sleep for long enough before taking it for the final time or b) I slept through the alarm telling me it was the correct time to take it. I know that I got about 4 different readings, one was lower than the others though and would of taken me under my temperature coverline (signalling a possible implantation dip) but I went with the last temp taken which was the highest and input that into my chart. Now, with the spotting I'm having, I wonder if I should of gone with that lowest recording as that would of made more sense. I guess we'll soon see what the deal is though.

That's where I am today at 7dpo. Yet more waiting around in limbo land. Blood test tomorrow lunchtime. Perhaps if I know I did indeed ovulate, I'll allow myself to be a bit more optimistic about the events of the past 24 hours but for now, I'm just going with the flow and trying not to analyse.

No comments: