Sunday 20 January 2013

Day 10 - Calm

There really isn't much to post about today to be honest, I've just been relaxing since the mammoth cross-country trek home yesterday and the children have been enjoying the snow. Funnily enough, where we just left in Scotland is now covered in snow!

I did have a horrible half hour of abdomen pain this afternoon and I admit that thoughts of hospitals crept in rapidly, it was honestly awful but then it went and left a dull ache on and off all day. I hope that can be attributed to the antibiotics. Ugh, will it ever end? And I'm determined not to make this blog 'every ailment daily' style so I apologise for the medical related posts but they are surrogacy related since I wouldn't be having this issue if it wasn't for having a (surrogate) baby. It may help another surrogate know what may happen.

Boobs still leaking like mad, I think seeing yet more cute pictures of Oli today didn't help that issue but I don't mind one bit. He really is pretty darn cute, even if I say so myself.I'm registering his birth finally, on Wednesday. That's another milestone, it'll be weird to sit there and list myself and my husband as his parents and look at that birth certificate. I'll treasure it though because after the Parental Order is granted, it will be history - literally. Nice to be able to get something else ticked off the list though, at 6 weeks, K and B will then apply for the Order and get that process started - I will be posting about that, from my point of view, as and when it happens because that's something I'm apprehensive about and not familiar with. It is part of the surrogacy journey that I'm sure a lot of first-time surrogates aren't knowledgeable about, you just don't think you'll get that far and it's more an IP thing.

I expect my community midwife to sign me off this week, they usually only see you for up to 10 days, as necessary and then you would normally be passed onto your health visitor but obviously that's not needed in my case so that will be the end of another chapter of the journey - ticking things off fast and furiously these days.

No comments: