Wednesday 16 January 2013

Day 6 - Admitted To Hospital


 Well, didn't see this coming..I travelled 12 hours to Scotland as planned, with the family and felt OK really, just tired and we all fell into bed around 11pm. It was then the nausea went into overdrive and my head began to pound once more. I tried to sleep but just felt so overwhelmingly crappy and woke my husband and told him, through sobs, to take me to hospital.

After lots of tests and a restless night, a scan confirmed I have retained products in my uterus. My blood tests confirmed it and so no escape for me tonight now. I'm on a maternity ward - complete with newborn babies (my boobs are loving that..not) and I have an IV going (2 attempts and a doctor ended up needing to do it...what is with my veins lately?) and have had a much needed anti-sickness injection. There is no talk of when I may be discharged or whether surgery may be on the cards. I am petrified. I am almost 700 miles from home, my children are thankfully with Nanny (and Daddy between visits here and to look at new houses for our move) and are safe but it is very upsetting that less than a week after I left a hospital for baby related admission, I am back in.

Please please think positive thoughts that I can avoid surgery and will be allowed home asap. I don't regret surrogacy one bit but I didn't ever think I would be in this position. Right now I can't even begin to process the birth and hormone aftermath stuff, I need to simply focus on getting back to full physical health first.

2 comments:

Kev said...

Loves you and I wish I could be with you. How can mother nature be cruel after the incredible thing you have done for us :( xxxxxxxx

~J~ said...

Oh no! I am assuming they are doing a D&C to get anything left over out. Take it easy. I hope you are feeling better soon!!